January 18, 2023-Mike Iaconelli and The Ike Foundation® had an amazing year working on all aspects of their mission to introduce kids to the wholesome sport of fishing and instill in them a love and respect for the outdoors. It was a busy year of hosting kids’ fishing events, awarding college scholarships, and donating to kids fishing organizations across the country. The Ike Foundation’s mission includes conservation and that grew in 2022 with our lake stocking campaigns. We look forward to making a bigger impact in that area in 2023.
Get Kids Fishing!
2022 brought with it the introduction of The Ike Foundation Youth Tournament Trail. This included a three-series fishing event at lakes in New Jersey and Delaware. 50 young anglers interested in the competitive side of fishing from a bass boat attended. Anglers that participated were between the ages of 8-18. The event was made possible by volunteer boat captains and donations of rods, reels, and tackle by sponsors. Prizes were awarded to the top three winners at each event.
Hook’em Early Events
- The Ike Foundation® hosted kids and their families from the Boys and Girls Club and YMCA to Northeast Maryland to the 7th Annual Ike’s Pro-Am Bass Tournament on the Chesapeake.
- 20 kids attended a fun morning of fishing at South Park Lake in Vineland, NJ. This event was with the Vineland Police Department and the officers were volunteers.
- 25 kids and their families fished at Daretown Lake in NJ with the Pittsgrove AGventure Club. This was a competitive bank fishing event.
Fishing Gear Donations
- Donated rods, reels, tackle boxes, and fishing tackle to over 25 kids’ fishing groups across the country. This included several high school fishing teams, police-sponsored community groups, Scout groups, and elementary school-age fishing clubs.
The Ike Foundation® works hard to instill a love for the outdoors in children and their families. With that in mind, we are committed to conservation and stocking as many lakes as possible with the support of our partners and donors.
- Daretown Lake, Elmer, NJ, and South Park Lake in Vineland, NJ were stocked with 150 Bass and Blue Gill
- Giving Tuesday campaign raised money to stock Veterans Pak lake in Jenks, OK with 275 Bass and Blue Gill You can see the news story here: https://www.newson6.com/story/639c76379cca390722537d57/pond-at-veterans-park-in-jenks-stocked-with-trout-thanks-to-donation
$10,000 in college scholarships were awarded to five high school seniors after a rigorous application process that included an essay, submission of grades with a GPA greater than 3.0, and a description of how they have been involved in fishing or impacted outdoor conservation.
The Ike Foundation® Scholarship Program is funded entirely by the Annual Scholarship Dinner. This is the premier social event of the year with almost 300 people in attendance. Please consider joining us and fellow supporters of The Ike Foundation® at this adults-only event on Friday, January 27th, 2023 at the Grove at Centerton in Centerton, NJ. There will be dozens of auction baskets with products from all your favorite fishing brands as well as some special baskets for the ladies. This year we’ve added more excitement with the addition of casino table games as well! Details and tickets are available here: https://theikefoundation.org/upcoming-events/the-ike-foundation-2023-scholarship-dinner/
Follow The Ike Foundation® on Facebook and Instagram @TheIkeFoundation and on Twitter @FoundationIke for additional details and updates on all of our programs and events. The Ike Foundation® appreciates the generous donations from individuals and sponsors, including Toyota, Abu Garcia, Bass Cat Boats, Hobie, Yamaha, Flambeau, AFTCO, Pro-Guide, Rapala, Tackle Warehouse, Gumout and many more. A full list of sponsors can be found at https://theikefoundation.org/sponsors.
Founded in 2014 by professional bass anglers Michael and Becky Iaconelli, the mission of The Ike Foundation® is to get more kids fishing and in the outdoors, especially youth in areas where those activities are not readily available. We support youth fishing clubs, civic groups, and charitable organizations that promote the sport of fishing, the ecology of the outdoors, and the responsibility each person has to maintain our planet’s natural resources. The Ike Foundation® is approved by the IRS as a 501©(3) tax-exempt organization, and all donations are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law. The Ike Foundation® is a non-profit organization and all proceeds from events go to The Ike Foundation®’s mission. Tax-deductible contributions are welcome and can be made on the website via credit card.