Before beginning the application, please read the following information and ensure you meet all of the eligibility criteria before completing this application.
2021 The Ike Foundation Scholarship Application
The Ike Foundation awards scholarships to high school seniors pursuing full-time enrollment in a 2-year or 4-year college or university in the United States. Awards are based on academic achievement, demonstrated volunteer commitment (preferably in the fishing or conservation world), and a personal statement of how fishing has impacted your life and prepared you for college.
The Foundation’s Scholarship Committee reviews all applications and makes the final award. Scholarship awards must be applied to tuition, fees, supplies, books, or equipment.
In 2021, The Ike Foundation will provide scholarships for up to 5 individuals to attend college.
To be considered for a scholarship award, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled as a high school senior
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Planning to enroll in a two or four-year college or university as a full time, degree-seeking student
- Demonstrate volunteer commitment of time to support the community
- Preferably fishing/conservation-related
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.2 (current transcript required)
- Submit at least one letter of recommendation from a current teacher, coach or administrator
- Show written acceptance from your selected college
- Completed and submitted all application materials postmarked/submitted online before April 1, 2021
Applicant's Personal Information
Upload Your 5 Paragraph Essay on the Following Topic:
The COVID-19 Pandemic has greatly impacted most facets of our lives. Did the outdoors help you get through this difficult time? If yes, how so and, what did you learn about yourself from this experience. What have you taken away from this time that will help you grow as a citizen of the outdoors?